Hasn’t the weather been glorious! I mean when was the last time we had proper hot sunshine on a bank holiday weekend??? It’s unheard of!!!
But even though I knew the heatwave was coming, I wasn’t ready for it sartorially…
Not only have I not been able to locate my summer dresses and jumpsuits (last year I carefully packed them away in a suit carrier and instructed Mr Club Forty to store in the loft – but it is nowhere to be found!!??) but I haven’t yet added much in the way of real summer clothing to my wardrobe. My wardrobe is currently bursting with transistional wear, but as I’m often hesitant to buy too many clothes for hot temperature weather – I have very few summer dresses (that I can currently find at least!!!)
So without further ado and to get this in quick before the good weather passes, here’s 10 summer dresses that will keep us cool as we work or play in this amazing weather (long may it continue!)
First up here’s the dresses that are slightly smarter and can therefore be worn for work.
- A cool, textured cotton dress by Mango, £49.99.
- A floral shirt dress by La Redoute, £72 (used promo code SAVE30 for 30% discount). This would look great with a white or cersie pink blazer.
- A cobalt blue midi dress with open, airy sleeves from Top Shop, £46
- A cotton dress in my favourite green by Zara, £39.99
- A gorgeous patterned dress from H&M, £34.99
Next up, here’s my selection of summer dresses which are more suited to play – mostly because they are sleeveless, strappy and slightly more casual… but they could also work in your workplace, depending on the dress code!
- A fun dress in a fab green check by Zara, £39.99
- A tiered, linen-mix dress from Next, £32
- A simple, striped long dress by Mango, £17.99
- A white linen dress with those all-important pockets from Warehouse, £42
- A a pretty ruffle dress from GAP, £49.95 also available in petite and tall sizes! (Use promo code GETGAP for 40% off)
I hope you’ve found something you like in my selection of 10 summer dresses – as always, let me know! And if there’s any other clothing item or style you’d like me to look at, I am more than happy to take requests!Until nex time, enjoy the sunshine!
Check out my Pinterest Board: Summer dressing for more style inspiration!
Please note: there are affiliate links on this page so if you click through and purchase an item I may earn a small commission.
Sign up to never miss a post, plus get exclusive access to events, competitions and offers!
Enter your email address on the homepage!