After the weekend indulgences, I like to kick start my week with meat-free Monday.
My go-to recipe blog is easypeasy-lemonsqueezy I love the recipes Clare posts, they are so easy to prepare (hence the blog name!) and taste delicious.
One of my pet hates is when a recipe turns out nothing like the photo, but this never happens with with Clare’s recipes. She provides photos of every step, so you know exactly what you are meant to be doing and how it should look. I love that!
Tonight I’ll be making these amazing Chickpea, Mushroom & Sweetcorn Burgers.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 250g chestnut mushroom, finely chopped
- Bunch of spring onions, peeled and chopped finely
- 400g can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
- 1 can of sweetcorn, rinsed and drained well
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Zest & juice of 1 lime
- 100g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs (just blitz or grate bread)
- Handful chopped coriander (optional)
- 1 free-range egg white
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the garlic, mushrooms and spring onions, fry for 10 minutes on a high heat, string every now and then
- In a large bowl, mash the sweetcorn and the chickpeas with a potato masher!
- Add the fried mushrooms and spring onions to the chickpea and sweetcorn mix and combine well
- Add the chopped coriander, lime juice and curry powder
- Next mix in the breadcrumbs and egg white and season
- Take a good handful, squish it together and then form a patty – they tend to fall apart a bit, but just squish back together
- Chill for 30 minutes
- Then fry in olive oil in a large frying pan for approx. 10 minutes – 5 mins on each side. Use a fish slice as these are VERY fragile
- Serve on top of an avocado salad, drizzled with olive oil and lime juice
If these don’t tempt your fancy, there are lots of other tasty recipes, including more veggie options, on easypeasy-lemonsqueezy So pop over and have a browse!