So we’ve arrived at May… I can’t believe we are almost half-way through 2018! It really doesn’t feel like Christmas was so long behind us!!? But rather than dwell on the fact that time really is passing incredibly quickly (eek), let’s look forward to bank holidays and weekend breaks!
What have you got planned? And what are you planning to pack?
I have a weekend away coming up and so I am considering outfits to pack. The location at this stage is unknown (it’s a suprise!) but I’ve got my fingers crossed for a European city destination and natually I’m hoping for good weather. With this type of break in mind, here’s my 5 key tips for packing outfits for a weekend away:
- All-in-one outfits (i.e. a dress or jumpsuit) are easy to plan and pack. Let’s face it, you aren’t going to wear the same thing twice (with the exception of jeans) so no need to worry about mix-and-matching outfits.
- Take 2 jackets that can be layered if it’s chilly. A denim jacket is a ‘must-pack’ as it can be worn day or night and layered under a blazer or kimono style jacket.
- Comfortable footware is essential. Whether you are sight-seeing or bar crawling you are likely to be out and about for hours and the last thing you want is sore feet and blisters. Wear trainers to travel and pack one pair of sandals/slides, plus a wedge shoe (or other) for the evening.
- Don’t take anything too dressy… unless you have a specific swanky event or location to attend. Especially abroad, people don’t tend to dress up so much and if I take anything dressy I always regret it. Dressing down is the new dressing up anyway!!!
- Take a small, day-to-night handbag that can carry all your essentials – purse, sunnies, phone, make-up (incl. suncreen). You never know where the day will take you…
A day-to-night outfit… as what tends to happen (in my experience) is hotel check-in, quick change and excitedly go out-out ’til the wee hours…
A daytime outfit for coffee, lunch, sight-seeing & shopping…
The final day outfit needs to cover whatever activites are planned plus the travel home…
I’ll be trying to heed my own advice above as I attempt to pack everything into a carry-on case!!!
I hope you have something lovely planned for the upcoming bank holiday weekend… for once we are promised good weather!
Sign up to never miss a post, plus get exclusive access to events, competitions and offers!
Enter your email address on the homepage now!